My blog?!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy day

Today was one of those rare days: happy, productive, well-balanced, nicely paced - that is to say, practically perfect. And as it often happens that no-good, very-bad days are reported, I see no reason why an all-good, very-nice day shouldn't be equally represented.

What made this day so good? Here's a brief sketch:
- 'getting stuff done', even before going off to work at Starbucks at 8am
- Starbucks was busy, but not stressful
- back home for a quiet lunch (enjoyed together with my friend, Jane Austin)
- an hour of yardwork and house clean-up, with good progress made
- a piano lesson with my happy-go-lucky eight-year-old
- working on and completing (!) a project that had been hanging over my head
- going for a pleasant run
- all this in addition to some piano practice, oboe practice, and reed-making!

The only down-er was that my second piano student for the day didn't show up, due to a misunderstanding on his mother's part. But now that it's been cleared up, I have hope for next week.

And two cheerful pieces of oboe-related news: I've been invited to be a part of a woodwind quintet! From what I understand, the other members are well-experienced, though not professional, musicians. The man in charge has had 20+ years of playing woodwind quintets, and already owns a plethora of music. Also, I've either been having a streak of good luck, or I seem to be improving with my reed-making abilities! (Perhaps a little of both.) It makes me hopeful that I will indeed become 'reed independent' in the near(ish) future.

I wonder if it's too much to hope that my day will be as beautiful tomorrow...
From the Archives: Oct. 15, 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home