My blog?!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

The calm before the coming week

Hello!

It is evening now, a peaceful Sunday evening, but it is only the calm before the storm. My week is more full than usual, including two midterms and several written assignments. I also will be leading one of the children's pieces tomorrow in choir - which is a first. All this means that there a number of things I should prepare for/ stress out about.

Yesterday I was studious all day. And it was a long day, in fact, since I decided to get up at 6:30 to begin work on my phil. And then Sarah and I didn't get to bed until 1:15 (that's later than normal). But I got a lot accomplished (I think). And that way I could mostly justify doing no homework today.

Today I started reading Abolition of Man for fun. It is so good (well-written, logical, cool, etc.), and also deals with a lot of issues that I'm trying to think through! Primarily, I am trying to determine if there are objective values (mostly in the area of music), and that is what Lewis is discussing! So it is perfect timing. However, the issue is far from settled, and I'd love to hear from or discuss with any of you about the subject.

Adelle

3 Comments:

  • Yay for Blog posts and Abolition of Man! I really like that book and would be glad to discuss it with you sometime. Hopefully that can happen before Christmas!

    I also wanted to mention that I really like your blog name. I think it is very clever: double meanings and everything!

    By Blogger Miss Elissa, at 11:06 PM  

  • I must say, Adelle, that I enjoy the interrobang at the title of your blog(?!) although I must say that despite any interrobangs, it does seem to be Your Blog!

    Hooray for Choir Conducting! Hooray for Double Meanings and C.S. Lewis!
    Hooray for Adelle!

    And Hooray for Scots, which I shall have to post about on My (very neglected) blog

    As the Black would put the above statements:
    "Can we all give three cheers. Uncoverrr...Headdress.
    Hip Hip-"
    "Haw!!!"
    "Hip Hip-"
    "Haw!!!"
    "Hip Hip-"
    "Haw!!! Adelle Forever"
    "Replace Headdress...Two.
    Company form twos to the right...March.
    Foward March!"

    only I think they said "Byland Forever" (Byland is the name of their Reinactor Regiment)

    By Blogger Mackerel Sky, Ltd., at 9:51 AM  

  • Ah. A busy week. I hope you are able to have little snapshots of rest scattered throughout your busy week.

    Jeanne and I were talking with Paul Willis at Sunday School, and he mentioned that while he was teaching there, he found that the Conserv students were very stressed out (bordering on nervous breakdown), and that they were profoundly affected by going with him to someplace where they were able to do hiking and climbing.

    So maybe a hike to a good climbing tree is something that should be put on your very busy schedule.

    Daddy Dear.

    By Blogger John Rodkey, at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home